Avignon Tour with Skip-the-Line Pope's Palace
Location: Avignon, France
Duration: 3 hours
Avignon Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Entrance to the Pope's Palace
Marvel at magnificent medieval architecture on this 3-hour walking tour of Avignon, including skip-the-line entry to the Pope’s Palace. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage–listed city of Avignon, home to the Papacy and seat of western Christianity in the 14th century. Follow your guide along the historical city walls for breathtaking views over the Rhône River. Beat the queues and enjoy swift access to the chambers and chapels of the Pope’s Palace. Admire 19th-century architecture in the beautiful Place de l’Horloge and finish with a glass of Côtes du Rhône wine.
What You Can Expect
April to October
Monday and Friday
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Pope's Palace
- 1 glass of Côtes du Rhône wine
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not suitable for children under 4 years old
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- There are a series of steps to climb to reach the Pope's Palace
- Anyone under 18 will not be served wine at the end of the tour
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Schedule and Pricing
Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur
Concludes in central Avignon
Refunds, when possible, must be requested at least 4 business days prior to the travel date. Refunds are subject to a 7% administration fee. The Rail Protection Plan™ does not apply.
Note: Tours may be delayed or run late. Please plan accordingly.
Great guide. Very interesting tour.
Our tour guide was great. She was so knowledegable about history and had a great sense of humor in how she expressed things. It's a wonderful tour to introduce you to Avignon.
Fun and informative!