Tour Shakespeare’s village the most novel way.
Shakespeare didn’t follow in anyone’s literary footsteps, so why should you? Our double-decker open-air bus lets you hop on and off wherever you like for 24 hours. Or you can choose to start with an hour-long overview of Stratford-upon-Avon with pre-recorded commentary in any of seven languages. You’ll see Shakespeare’s birthplace and the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. You’ll see The Anne Hathaway Cottage, with it's low thatched roof, timbered walls and lattice windows that used some of the earliest English house-building techniques. And of course there’s The Holy Trinity Church where Shakespeare is buried, and the 15th Century Grammar School where he was educated. Certainly, these are things you’d expect to see on any tour. But the beauty of this tour rests in the in-between spaces as well: the quaint streets, the picturesque chapels, the market shops. Your chance to set the pace of your day and choose your places of interest. Spending time exactly how you’d like. How perfect is that. A tour around Shakespeare’s village that exactly fits your character.
Here’s what’s included:
- A voucher valid for 24 hours on a Hop on/Hop off open-air double-decker tour bus
- 12 stops throughout Stratford-upon-Avon
- Summer departures occur every 20 minutes
- Winter departures occur every 30-60 minutes
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese commentary
- Groups of 10 or more get a 5% discount on Stratford-upon-Avon City Sightseeing Tour