How much can you learn in 24-hours at Oxford?
However much you like. Because the Oxford City Sightseeing Tour provides an open-air double-decker bus that let’s you plan your own day at your own pace. You can either start with a 60-minute introduction to the city for deciding your itinerary, or simply hop on and off as you go along with spontaneity as your guide. Either way, you can choose between a 24 or 48-hour pass and pre-recorded commentary in 11 languages. It’s a hard choice with so much to see. Let’s begin with the oldest university in the English-speaking world. Its honey colored walls and famed architecture is so plentiful, you could spend all your time there. But with so many buildings, it’s still spread out. There are attractions like the Ashmolean Museum, built in the 1600’s to house the cabinet of curiosities. Who’d want to miss Carfax at the center of the city, home to a tower with views of the spire-filled skyline? And there’s the Bodleian, Oxford’s central library with over 8 million volumes housed on 117 miles of shelving. Why, that reminds us of another perfect booking. The Oxford City Sightseeing Tour.
Here’s what’s included:
- A voucher valid for 24 or 48 hours on a Hop on/Hop off open-air double-decker tour bus
- 20 stops throughout Oxford
- Summer departures every 10 minutes
- Winter departures every 20-30 minutes
- English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Japanese Russian, Swedish, Mandarin, Cantonese commentary
- Groups of 10 or more get a 5% discount on Oxford City Sightseeing Tour