See the Seaside: Take Le Grand Tour of Marseilles
Nestled right on the Mediterranean Sea and an inspiration for artists like Van Gogh, Marseille has built a rich, atmosphere enhanced by the fresh sea air, ancient architectural foundations, incredible art and amazing food.
With its history so linked to the sea, it’s no surprise that the hub of Marseille’s action is at the Vieux Port, or Old Town – the perfect starting point for your hop-on/hop-off tour. Check out La Criée, Marseille's most famous theater. On the quai des Belges, take in the famous fish market. Enjoy a beach walk along La Corniche and stop for a croissant at Le Four des Navettes, the city’s oldest bakery.
There are a total of 16 stops on Le Grand Tour, and you can either stay on board for a 90-minute overview of Marseilles (especially nice from the open top deck on a warm day), or get off at will.
Here’s what’s included:
- A choice of 24 or 48 hours consecutive pass.
- 16 stops throughout Marseille.
- Summer departures every 60-90 minutes.
- Winter departures every 120-150 minutes.
- On-board commentaries available in English, Spanish, French, Italian and German. Individual handsets provided.