Lyon: An Adventure for the Epicurious
The Lyon Le Grand Tour is an ideal way to discover the history, culture, traditions and shopping of one of France’s largest cities. You can stay on the bus and get a great overview of this epicure city, or get off at one of the 12 stops for a closer view.
Some highlights include Bellecour Square, one of France’s largest public squares and gathering spot for people watching. See and taste the freshest food at Marche Saint Antoine. Walk Vieux (Old) Lyon and across Bonaparte Bridge, admiring the Renaissance architecture. Stop at Republique, the main shopping avenue. Enjoy the trendy shops and bouchons – noted restaurants serving traditional Lyonnais cuisine paired with a convivial atmosphere. With a stop at the Rhone River cruise port, you could hop off the bus and hop on a bateaux for a relaxing rendezvous down this scenic waterway.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Lyon has long had a cultural influence on France and the world. Le Grand Tour gives you a taste of this gastronomic capital.
Here’s what’s included:
- A choice of 1 or 2 day consecutive pass.
- 12 stops throughout Lyon.
- Summer departures every 45-60 minutes.
- Winter departures every 105 minutes.
- On-board commentaries available in English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian and German. Individual handsets provided.