Choose your Chateau on a Loire Valley Day Tours
The Loire Valley is home to stunning chateaux, gorgeous French gardens, wonderful wine and incredible history. From Tours, embark on your choice of three distinct tours around either Villandry, Chambord and Chenonceau & Amboise – all coupled with a taste of the local wine.
At Villandry, enjoy a guided tour of the Chateau Azay le Rideau, one of the purest pieces of Renaissance architecture. Have lunch in the steps of Joan of Arc in the medieval town of Chinon. In Villandry and Touraine, gardening is elevated to an art form.
The Chambord tour includes a guided visit to Blois and Cheverny (considered the castle of power), which holds fine French furnishings, and Chambord with its 400 room chateau and national game reserve.
Chenonceau is a showstopper chateau, and houses a prime example of a formal French garden and has its own vineyard. Amboise was home to Leonardo da Vinci in his final years.
This full day tour will envelop your senses – from the taste of the wine to the smell of the flowers. You can’t help but be awed by the majesty of these castles.
Here’s what’s included:
- Fully escorted day tours to the Loire Valley in an air-conditioned minivan.
- Choice of 3 different tours in the Loire Valley.
- Each tour includes visits to 3 major chateaux's.
- Available tour options:
- Loire Valley & Wine around Villandry
- Loire Valley & Wine around Chambord
- Loire Valley & Wine around Chenonceau & Amboise
- Each tour includes a tour of a winery including lunch and wine tasting with a wine maker.
- All entrance fees included.
- Small tour groups consist of up to 8 travelers.
- English commentary.