The tour for royalty, history, and military buffs.
It’s incredible how the final resting place of Spanish royalty could make so many visitors come to life. But that’s the affect of this half-day tour of El Escorial. You’ll travel in round-trip comfort by bus from Madrid and arrive to a guided walking tour of the Habsburg Palace, the Royal Mausoleum, and the Basilica in the monastery complex. This breathtaking basilica is one of the largest in the world, featuring a 500-foot memorial cross that is the world’s tallest. You’ll also see the Chapter House with its 15th, 16th, and 17th century paintings. And you’ll have free time at Valley of the Fallen, a monument literally carved out of the mountain as a tribute to the victims and heroes of the Spanish Civil War. You can choose to visit General Franco’s burial site, or simply enjoy the peaceful beauty of the architecture and the landscape.
Here’s what’s included:
- Half Day Excursion to El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen
- Round-trip travel from Madrid in an air-conditioned bus.
- Guided walking tour at El Escorial which includes the Habsburg Palace, Royal Mausoleum, Chapter House and Basilica.
- Free time at the Valley of the Fallen.
- English, Spanish, French and Italian commentary.