Explore More With The Dresden Card
Dresden has been meticulously rebuilding since the end of World War II. From the Frauenkirche church to the exceptional Royal Palace and the famous Grünes Gewölbe (Green Vault). Now you can freely set your sights on all of the renewed splendor.
Choose between a Dresden Card or the Regio Card, which includes the city plus surrounding Oberelbe region. Both provide free public transportation and discounts on mountain railways as well as the airport S-Bahn. And then there are the museums – including the monumental Staatliche Kunstsammlungen.
See the Coin Cabinet, which houses 270,000 objects tracing the history of Greco-Roman and German coinage. The Porzellansammlung (Porcelain Collection) holds over 20,000 objects from the 17th and 18th centuries against the Baroque backdrop of the Zwinger courtyard. There are sculptures, paintings, decorative arts and so much more.
Get the card, and come see a city that continues its meteoric rise.
Here’s what’s included:
- Choice of 1 or 2 day Dresden Card or 5 day Regio Card
- Free travel on the trams and buses within the Dresdner Verkehrsbetriebe AG (DVB AG), Elbe ferries, and local trains of DB AG within the Dresden fare zone
- Discounts on the Dresden mountain railways
- Free or discounted admission to the popular museums of the Staatliche Kunstsammlung
- Travel to the airport on the S-Bahn trains
- Tram line 4 to Weinböhla
- Free enty to select museums with the Regio Card and the 2 day Dresden Card
- Regio Card also includes:
- Free travel on the entire area around Dresden (Oberelbe region) and throughout the entire Upper Elbe public transport network
- Free travel on ferries on the Elbe. Excludes the ferry in Rathen which is the international ferry from Schöna to Hrensko and the ferries in the district Riesa- Großenhain
- Travel on the Verkehrsverbund Oberelbe (VVO) network
- Discounted rates on the Meißen city bus, the steam-operated Lößnitzgrundbahn and Weißeritztalbahn narrow-gauge railways, and the Kirnitzschtalbahn tram