The Chianti Wine and Hill Towns Tour
This is Tuscany at its most delicious and divine. On this full day tour, explore the Chianti wine region and the surrounding hill towns by air-conditioned minivan and by foot. Stroll through charming villages with intoxicating views – and that’s before enjoying a tour of two wineries – including tastings.
You’ll depart from Florence and stop in the town of Impruneta to see its famed terracotta furnaces and pottery. Continue on to the medieval castle at Motefioralle and a stop at the friendly market town of Greve before enjoying your first sip at a local winery. In the afternoon, your tour continues to several small hill towns and their fortresses. The day ends with a trip to another vineyard and another chance to savor the fruit of the vine.
You’ll return back to Florence with a warm feeling in your soul, having seen and tasted the beauty of the Chianti region.
Here’s what’s included:
- Fully escorted day tour of the Chianti wine region in an air-conditioned minivan.
- 2 full wine tastings at vineyards in the Chianti region.
- Visit the charming medieval hill towns and their fortresses in the Chianti region.
- See the local pottery and terracotta furnaces in Impruenta.
- Experience the famous market in Greve.
- Explore the Montefioralle castle.
- Small tour groups consist of 5-8 travelers.
- English commentary.